A closer look at the Smarter Data Process
Acquisition and Integration
Diverse information is acquired and integrated in real-time from a large catalog of content sources and connectors.
Data locked in silos become accessible across an organization, aiding data-driven decisions
Content from hundreds of external and internal data sources can be accessed from one place
Connectors can be developed quickly, so evolving business needs can be consistently met
- Cloud and On-Premises SharePoint, Yammer, databases and many other internal information systems
- Premium news content such as Financial Times, New York Times and Wall Street Journal
- Premium industry-specific content such as Lexis Nexis and Informa Pharma
- Premium subscription content such as Dow Jones, Thomson Reuters and Dun & Bradstreet
- Open web content such as web pages, RSS and blogs
The information is then transformed into a normalized InfoDesk XML format.
The challenge of disparate XML formats is overcome, saving IT and development teams huge amounts of time and resources
The interoperability of data is improved so that it can be accessed and used across multiple technology systems and software applications
Previously underused information resources become more accessible, raising the usage of content subscriptions
- Markup languages (e.g. HTML, XML, SGML)
- Microsoft Office-compatible Documents (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, RTF, CSV)
- Adobe PDF
- XMP-compatible formats (e.g. JPEG, TIFF, PSD, EPS, AI)
- Audio (e.g. MP3, WAV)
- Video (e.g. AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, 3GP)
- Plain text (e.g. UTF-8, UTF-16, ASCII)
Once the information is normalized, it is enriched using InfoDesk’s proprietary natural language processing (NLP). This is where the data truly get “smarter”. InfoDesk’s powerful enrichment process includes document preprocessing, entity recognition, concept disambiguation and semantic indexing.
Results in the retrieval of more relevant results and reduces the risk of missing crucial information
Reduces the number of false positive results typically present in searches relying on keywords
Makes finding information easier as users are not required to enter all alternative keywords that might be used for the same concept
The final stage of the Smarter Data Process focuses on delivering this information in a way which suits your organization best.
The variety of end-user tools available is wide enough to meet any organization’s needs
The most important business-critical information is delivered to the right person, at the right time, in a way which suits them best
Integrated content can be scaled accordingly, future-proofing solutions as business requirements change
- InfoDesk API that allows developers to leverage the power of our smarter data in internal applications. Find out more.
- An all-in-one content tool for managing and sharing diverse information resources
- Automated services that deliver intelligence updates on a regular schedule or when triggered by events
- Mobile-responsive information portals, where information can be organized and displayed
- Mobile application that delivers real-time information to employees on the move
- A variety of easy to integrate widgets such as a Search Widget that allows all available content to be searched with a single query
- Targeted intelligence services that combine our smarter data technology with an expert editorial team to deliver daily, weekly or monthly updates directly to inboxes
- Data warehousing that uses information from both content and its layers of metadata to create analytics and facets